Friday, September 16, 2005

Submarine Rescue Conference

The Asia Pacific Submarine Conference was recently held in Hawaii.  It is β€œan annual meeting dedicated to swapping information on submarine rescues,” and an AP report on it had some interesting quotes from both the Russians and the Brits, as well as many from Commander Kent Van Horn, the head of the US team sent to help the AS-28.  I posted a full breakdown on The Discomfort of Thought, but had one more point to ask – So, is he related, GVH?

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Gus Van Horn said...

Hah! No, he is not related, but thanks for asking!

This is only my pen name, a precaution I took, as an academic, when I began blogging.

As it turns out, this was a good idea!

Gus

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger PigBoatSailor said...

Heh, pen name, what is that? ;-) This is my real one, I swear...

As you might have guessed, I have heard too many stories like the one you linked to be too forthcoming about my ID...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home