Sunday, January 20, 2008

TSR Med Leave

From: TheSubReport.com

Update 27JAN08: Thanks for all concerned during my absence. I'm still not 100% but some systems are starting to come back online. Special Thanks to Vigilis for posting this and checking on my progress for the last week.

(UPDATE: Good News: As of 16:46:39 Eric is back at home and doing well, according to his lovely wife.)

The video shown in his post is different than the repair I had received. My repair was a Open direct type with a 4 inch incision to the groin area. I would have rather had the other one done.

Be careful as you get older fellas. Always get help when lifting heavy objects and adhere to proper safety techniques and you hopefully can stay away from the surgeon.

Eric
TheSubReport.com

***************************************************************************

TSR Readers and Shipmates,

I will be taking a medical leave of absence starting on Tuesday. I have a hopefully simple outpatient hernia repair. Big Fun huh? Auto generated news feeds will be up on the website for the rest of week. I also encourage you to visit these websites and blogs in my absence to get the latest in Submarine News and Commentary.

http://bubbleheads.blogspot.com/

http://aquilinefocus.blogspot.com/

http://informationdissemination.blogspot.com/

http://www.subsim.com/index.php

If all goes well, I will have things back up by the weekend.

Thanks for reading TheSubReport.com

Eric
eric@thesubreport.com

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Vigilis said...

I'm sure we will miss your steady and informative updates on the pulse of submarining, Eric, even if your absence is a very short one.

Mostly, we hope the procedure alleviates your pain and restores any missing vestige of exuberance submariners all possess.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger TurbulentN98 said...

There was me thinking you were going for a cruise around the Mediterranean.Best of luck for your operation.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH - had that done a year ago. Ice packs were my best friends for over a week.

Regards,
PB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home