Friday, September 16, 2005

It's official...

As of today, I'm a member of the crew of the attack submarine USS OLYMPIA (SSN-717).

I checked in today, though it was a pretty early day (CPO "pinning" and "Aloha Friday"). I was introduced to the CO, XO, and COB, and had a pleasant surprise from the CO. During my introduction meeting with him, he pointed out that my division (RC Division) was a solid, top performing division with outstanding work ethics and good sailors. Contrast that to my last boat (I won't name names...), when my check-in interview with the CO consisted of him telling me my prospective division was a bunch of troublemakers and was the "problem division" of the boat. Not just of the department...the entire boat.

So with that in mind, this tour already looks better than my last.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger WillyShake said...

Oh, that's GOT to be a major relief. Good of your new CO to put you at ease right away.

Congrats!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Vigilis said...

Rob, congrats also on banishment of any med hold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home