Saturday, October 22, 2011

Veteran home leased out for decades while vets left homeless


LA vets demand housing at giant VA campus

 The West Los Angeles property -- some of the most valuable in the nation -- was donated in 1888 to "establish, construct and permanently maintain" a branch of a national home for veterans, according to the original deed.---The VA saw fit to lease parts of the property to several businesses. In September, the VA canceled three leases after rising criticism. But other entities remain on the property including a public golf course, a college baseball stadium, a theater and practice fields for the exclusive private Brentwood School.
Seems the lease money was far more valuable to the VA than actually taking care of veterans. Hmm...why don't we have a department of the government that exists to take care of vets, anyway?

Oh, wait, that IS what the VA is supposed to do...not be in the land leasing business. Silly me... 

9 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Mike Golch said...

Par for the course,the Va really does not care about the veterans.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Franklin T. Nelson said...

This does not surprise me at all.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Best Table Tennis Rubbers said...

This Post Is Very Informative. I Like It Very Much.
fire

extinguishers sydney


 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.
buy fire extinguishers

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that's at the other blogs. Thanks for sharing this. Partywear saree

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm excited to discover this website. I want to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information in your site. craigslist maine

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Lily Allen said...


Absolutely fantastic job you have done here. And Thank you for sharing with us
clipping path

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger MY SITE said...

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?마사지

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger VISIT ME said...

"Good day! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a
blog post or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the
same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.

If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!"

건전마사지

 

Post a Comment

<< Home