Saturday, August 06, 2005

CNN reporting sub crew are all alive

A Russian submarine that had been trapped nearly 625 feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean was raised Sunday, and all seven crew members are alive, a spokesman for the U.S. Pacific Fleet confirmed. The sub was raised about 4:20 p.m. (11:20 p.m. ET Saturday). A U.S. Navy doctor on board a Russian ship was evaluating the conditions of the Russian crew, John Yoshishige said.


Best news I've heard all week!!

(Crossposted from The Online Magazine Formerly Known As Rob's Blog)

7 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Robert Schumacher said...

:) Almost 15 minutes later and I just now got the breaking news alert email I am signed up for.

Guess the bloggers beat the MSM on this story...

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Robert Schumacher said...

Aloha to all the Russian sailors (a welcome back to the surface post, Alex will like this one)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Alex Nunez said...

CNN's "breaking news alert" email is the world's slowest information delivery technology on Iarth. I get it at my work email address.

I may as well have the alerts sent via carrier pigeon.

maybe smoke signals would work, too...

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Alex Nunez said...

Alex does like that one.....

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Robert Schumacher said...

Thought you would, you dog!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Alex Nunez said...

LOL!

I'm the dog?

I'm not the one with my own private Naked Hula Girl Corbis database....

:)

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Robert Schumacher said...

:) Like a reporter, I'll never reveal my sources...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home