Wednesday, February 08, 2006

an ultraquiet no more exclusive

we've all bounced around the web, visiting submarine sites, posting to submarine bulletin boards. we've seen the posts about how to simulate submarine life at home and what not.

willyshakes posted a couple down where he states he's still "pulling the book" anytime he does something.

i've seen this done before, but i always come up with new things myself. so here goes...

what submarine or nuke training habits do you still have after being out of the navy?

one of mine: i've been out of the navy 25 years this month. and i still lean to the left, completely clearing my torso from above the toilet when i flush. if you've ever popped a ball valve with pressure behind it on a sanitary tank, you will understand.
caught myself doing it today, and i had to laugh. even though i recognize it as being foolish and unnecessary, i doubt that at this point i can change even if i want to.

so, any weird quirkies from your bubblehead days?

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger hughmon said...

I still "Cycle Inactive Valves" - everytime I change the smoke detector batteries I cycle the water shut off valves to the Sinks, Toilets, Washing Machine, and outside Faucets.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger WillyShake said...

bbwwwaahahahahahaha!

Bo, you are hysterical! ...*wiping tears away* Even if I still do things that I learned on the boat, I have completely forgotten them now. ha-ha!

...btw, congrats on your anniversary of 25yrs out!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Xopher said...

When passing in a tight hallway I turn my shoulders so my back is almost parallel with the wall. It still surprises me that most people will stop instead of continue walking, it's like they can't share the hallway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home