Rontini's BBS is hosting the 5th annual USSVI FOUNDATION /BROTHERHOOD FUND auction running from the AM on February 18th and ending 10AM EST Mar.5th. (click on title to access auction website)
Funds from the auction are to benefit the most needy shipmates in the USSVI (United States Submarine Veterans Inc) organization through USSVI foundation's charitable arm.
There are some interesting submarine items up for auction so here are a few recommendations for some of my "Ultraquite No More blog" shipmates.
- Bubblehead - Item 011 Eugene B. Fluckey inset Poster Print
- Rob - Item 087 Framed photo print of WWII Fleet Boat leaving Pearl Harbor
- bothenook - Item 059 Books "All the Drowned Sailors"-Raymond B. Lech "Weapons that Wait"-Hartman & Truver "The Rickover Effect"-Theodore Rockwell (P/B)
- Gus Van Horn - Item 171 Etched Crystal Beer Steins
- Alex Nunez - Item 030 Three Volume Documentary - "Pearl Harbor"
- WillyShake - Item 210 Water Color (original) - SSN Underway
- Vigilis - Item 152 DVDs "Crusade in Europe" 3 Episodes - Television Classics "Sea Spies" Secrets Beneath the Waves - Hosted by Robert Ballard, "Navy Seals", "A Few Good Men"
- PigBoatSailor - Item 161 SUBMARINE CAVITATION INDICATOR - Mahogany plaque
- MT1(SS) - Item 120 The TRIDENT Sisters (11" X 14" Color) U.S.S. GEORGIA SSBN-729 U.S.S. NEVADA SSBN-733 U.S.S. PENNSYLVANIA SSBN-735
The USSVI Creed
"To perpetuate the memory of our shipmates who gave their lives in the pursuit of their duties while serving their country. That their dedication, deeds, and supreme sacrifice be a constant source of motivation toward greater accomplishments. Pledge loyalty and patriotism to the United States Government."
Check out the auction, bid and help out our shipmates in need. - LL